Okay, so life keeps getting in the way of blogging. And decorating. But here is one room that is on its way; the spare room. It started life as a (20 year old, ripped and cartoon stickered) wallpapered room with a falling down curtain, and a carpet that had seen better days.
What’s been done:
- Painted white (on top of the wallpaper as we couldn’t afford to strip it properly)
- Carpeted in grey
- Window dressed with another bargain IKEA roller blind until we can afford more
- Fireplace board removed
- Grate blackened
- Dressing table found in an alleyway before we left the city painted and given new handles
- Ercol armchair ‘covered’ (i.e. wrapped) in fabric
- Canvas covered in same fabric
It needs more personality – some photos, and a bit more nature and art. But it means that we have a nice place for guests to stay for the first time in two years. Kinda vital when you have moved away from all of your friends (phew!)
The dressing table started out like this…
Bed IKEA from old house (wouldn’t fit in our new room). Bed linen Homebase (the glamour!) Silk peonies TK Maxx. Green pots (on mantel) and ceramic pin pot (at bedside – with the Queen’s seal) charity shops. Green vases IKEA buys over the years. Lamp IKEA. Silk bird (stuffed with lavender) a lovely handmade present. Fabric IKEA (for teenagers’ rooms, so they reckon).